Successfully guide your patients on the pathway to change with this 1.25-hour interactive online CME course for strategically minded physicians who want to maximize every patient encounter.
Motivating patients can be one of the most challenging aspects of delivering medical care. Helping a patient achieve their health goals often involves changes to their thinking, behaviors and lifestyle. Change is never easy, but with the right skills, you can make it easier for your patients to achieve.
With a foundation in motivational interviewing techniques, this engaging and interactive online CME course provides strategies to overcome patient ambivalence and build motivation. In this course, you will explore how to...
- Identify when a patient is ready for change
- Discuss the issue of change with a patient
- Uncover personal drivers for lifestyle changes
- Overcome patient ambivalence
- Gain patient commitment to make changes
- Improve patient adherence
We know that busy physicians expect learning opportunities to be efficient and effective. 'Motivating Patients' is organized into four bite-sized chapters delivered in a flexible learning format.
- Chapter 1: The basics of Motivational Interviewing
- Chapter 2: First steps toward motivation
- Chapter 3: Overcoming patient ambivalence
- Chapter 4: Resistance and readiness
How it works
- GET STARTED with the pre-course self evaluation. This reflection activity will help you identify your strengths, and highlight patient scenarios you find challenging. Use this information to track for specific solutions as you work your way through the course.
- NEXT, complete the course chapters. Each chapter includes interactive elements as well as questions, to make sure you understand all the important points.
- PASS the posttest that covers the techniques you learned in the course. You will need to achieve a 70% pass mark for the course to be complete.
- COMPLETE and submit the post-course evaluation form. You can then download and print your CME certificate.
Thank you for choosing Astute Doctor. We hope you enjoy your learning experience and we congratulate you for taking time out of your busy schedule to build skills that increase your impact with patients.
At the end of the course you will be better able to:
- Identify the patient's level of motivation
- Lead the patient through a process to uncover the difference between their current and desired state of health
- Increase the patient's motivation for change
- Identify when the patient is ready to make a behavior change
- Collaborate with the patient to agree on a treatment plan they are willing and able to implement
- Determine and build patient commitment for implementation of the treatment plan
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate CME Certificate of Completion
Your cart is empty