Eliciting Patient Concerns
Encourage early disclosure of patient concerns, optimize encounter time management, and improve patient experience. This interactive online course shows how to prioritize patient concerns, build patient trust, identify opportunities for empathy, and respond to patient feelings using empathy.
To get started, complete the pre-course self evaluation. This reflection activity will help you identify where your strengths lie, and highlight scenarios you find challenging so that you can track for solutions as you work your way through the course.
Next, complete all the course chapters. Each chapter includes interactive elements as well as questions, to make sure you understand all the important points. The final chapter is a posttest covering all the techniques you have learned. You will need to achieve a 70% pass mark for the course to be complete.
Finally, complete and submit the CME evaluation form. You will then be able to print your CME certificate.
We hope you enjoy your Astute Doctor Education experience, and are amazed at the significant positive difference these simple techniques can make to your patient encounters.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Minimize the introduction of patient concerns at the conclusion of the encounter, thereby improving time management
- Apply empathy in doctor-patient encounters
- Use a specific language and questioning style to encourage earlier disclosure of relevant information
- Apply strategies that will help in:
- Eliciting information
- Prioritizing concerns
- Setting agendas to manage your encounters effectively
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate CME Certificate of Completion
Your cart is empty